Q. I have multiple health problems, all at once. What is wrong with me?

Dr. Pratik Patil

I am 28 and weigh 115 lbs. I have an ulcerative colitis flare up, a cold sore outbreak, genital herpes outbreak, and a knee injury that will not heal. The lab tests confirmed an infection with both the herpes viruses. What is happening to me? I work 65 hours a week as a geologist. My job is physically and mentally demanding. I am emotionally distressed due to my health problems. I have had ulcerative colitis for the last 12 years.

#

• All these symptoms you described are associated with a single disease activity. This is a rheumatological disease. It is basically an inflammatory response to some unknown gene or immune cell. You will need to be evaluated for the same.
  • Once diagnosed, the treatment is effective and leads to a complete cure. Please consult a rheumatologist who will order some blood tests. The tests would be money and time consuming but would give us an exact idea of what we are dealing with.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|