Q. After a knee injury, I get knee pain while bending it. Is it a serious problem?

Dr. Peter Grutas

A week before, I fell from riding a bicycle after going to market and my left knee hit the ground first I was able to stand up although I got wounded. I went home and did first aid on my wound. After a week, my wound was healed but until now I feel the pain on my left leg. There is less pain when standing and walking but when I sit and needed to bend my left leg I still feel the pain like that of rayuma. I took biogesic to ease the pain. I am allergic to Ibuprofen and Arcoxia. Please help me what to do and how this pain will heal? I am anxious because I do not want to go to the hospital to consult this.

Dr. Peter Grutas

#

I am sorry you are having these symptoms. This might still be due to injury resulting in soft tissue contusion. I am not considering fracture at this point because you were still able to stand up. But an x-ray of the left knee APL would be recommended.

In the meantime, I would recommend that you take Mefenamic acid 500 mg one tablet three times a day as needed for pain. Apply Indomethacin gel and warm compress as needed for pain. I would also recommend you do a range of motion exercises to decrease pain and improve flexibility. If symptoms persist, worsen or new onset of symptoms occur, follow up consult is advised.

|