Q. Will sleep deprivation cause any permanent changes in brain?

Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney and medically reviewed by Dr. Sneha Kannan

Do you have a question on Lack Of Sleep or Memory Problems? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I do not used to sleep a lot from early age. Daily to the maximum I will sleep for 6-7 hours. Now, these days I find scary researches about how sleep deprivation can damage brain permanently. I want to know whether my condition too is also related to sleep deprivation. Will it cause any permanent subtle changes to my brain? Please help me.