Q. Having refractive error of more than 6 in both the eyes. Suggest me treatment options.

Dr. Dada Peer K

My wife is having a refractive error of more than 6 in both the eyes. Please suggest various treatment options available.

Do you have a question on Lasik or Eye Surgery?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Dada Peer K

MBBS, ., MS OPHTHALMOLOGY., DNB OPHTHALMOLOGY., FELLOWSHIP IN CATARACT AND PHACOEMULSIFICATION., TRAINING IN
Ophthalmology (Eye Care)

There are many treatment options available for management of this condition. The most popular and most frequently done are laser refractive surgeries like LASIK.

The surgery is very safe and you can undergo the surgery to get rid of refractive errors.

Please mention her full refractive power, whether it is plus or minus and age of the person so that I can advise if she is fit for the surgery.

Consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

Guidance for Eye Checkup - How to Check for Perfect Numbers?
Article Overview: Refractive error is a very common problem. Here, I have discussed a few points as guidance for an eye checkup.  Read Article »
Dr. Snehal Himmatlal Shah
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Refractive error is very common among children and middle-aged patients. In case of eyesight problem, first, consult an eye surgeon. He will check your vision and refractive error with autorefractor. Cycloplegic refraction is a must for the first time refractive error checkup. Refractive Error Chec ...  Read Article »

Should I stop weight training after laser eye surgery?
Query: Hello doctor,I have been doing weight training for six months but recently my eye specialist told me to not lift heavy weights because I had laser treatment for retinal holes three years ago. So, should I stop weight training completely or should I drop the weights? Currently, I am doing deadlifts a...  Read Full »
Dr. Asif Manzoor
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no limit of weight lifting as such. But usually heavy weight lifting or strenuous exercise is banned if there are untreated breaks. If breaks are secured with a sufficient laser that usually takes 1 to 2 weeks for maximum effect. But there is always a risk of n...  Read Full »

My father has a constant pain in head after eye surgery. Please give your expert advice.
Query: Hi doctor, My father, who is 53 years old, is suffering from diabetic retinopathy and has undergone vitreoretinal surgery. After the surgery, his eye (right) responded well. But now, there is a constant pain in his head. The doctors said that there is some pressure in the eye, which increases and re...  Read Full »
Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The eye has got pressure known as intraocular pressure (IOP) just like your blood pressure. The normal eye pressure range is 10 to 21 mmHg. Beyond this pressure, the neurons present in the¬†optic nerve (a nerve that connects eye to the brain) starts damaging leading to...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now