Eye Surgery

The various eye surgeries are laser eye surgery, cataract surgery, glaucoma surgery, canaloplasty, refractive surgeries, corneal surgery, vitreoretinal surgery, eye muscle surgery, oculoplastic surgery, surgery of the lacrimal apparatus, eye removal, etc. Eye surgery is done to treat cataract, glaucoma, refractive errors (myopia and hyperopia), etc.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Why do I have persistent dacryocystitis and swelling in the left eye despite applying the appropriate ointments and medications?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had dacryocystitis and swelling in my left eye for the past nine months. I have used the Erythromycin ointment, the tablet Keflex, and Ciproflaxcin eye drops, but they did not work. I need help with this problem.  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Koranmath

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Dacryocystitis cannot be cured only by medicines, and surgery is also required. There are two types of surgeries to treat this. One is the external approach surgery in which there will be a small scar or mark. The other one is the endo nasal surgery, in which there w...  Read Full »

My eye looks drooped even after surgery for orbital floor fracture. When will it be fine?

Query: Hello doctor,I got assaulted last year. I got kicked in the face and due to this two weeks after my injury, I had to have a tripod put on the left side of my face. Two weeks after that my eye was drooped and had to have the floor of my eye orbital replaced. The surgeon said my eye was pushed back 0....  Read Full »

Dr. Sitaramaraju Naga Venkata Satya Maruti Mudunuri

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query. I will attempt to answer individual parts of your query separately to maintain clarity. Starting with appearance, yes it is a gradual process of normalization and it will get better with time. First-year produces most of that improvem...  Read Full »

I have pterygium in the eye and I am suggested for surgery. Kindly give me a opinion.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28-year-old female. Had pterygium for 4 to 5 years in the right eye, and in the left eye for two years. It was treated with eye drops, but I do not remember the name. I have not taken the drops in more than a year. The recommendation now is for surgery, so I am seeking a second...  Read Full »

Dr. Souhad Abdulhalim Lawand

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw the photos, and although they are not of high quality, I can still determine the borders of the pterygium. Usually, pterygiums are operated on if they have crossed the white border of the eye, have reached the central part and are causing visual problems such as ...  Read Full »

I am 23 years old and underwent surgery to fit a lens into my eye 10 years back. Can you suggest a permanent solution as I have problems with it?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23-year-old female. I had surgery to fit the lens inside the eyes after experiencing an injury in my right eye 12 years back. It happened while I had my contact lens. But after removing my contact lens, my eye has not been stable. I do not remember the medicines I used after sur...  Read Full »

Dr. Manish Mahabir

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for your query. Please upload your documents here for my review. After your injury, surgery was done to put an intraocular lens inside your eye. Now you are using a contact lens. Please elaborate on what you mean when your eyes are unstable. For example, y...  Read Full »

I have a weak eyesight and I am thinking of getting a eye surgery done. However I am worried about it. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have a very weak eyesight of -18 in both eyes. Many surgeries are available, but I am scared to go for them because of the risks. My parents, too, are scared. Please suggest one according to my situation. My right eye has a grey spot that I know is a stuck floater. You will better know ...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. With a power of - 18D and floaters, I also expect progressive retinal degenerative changes due to myopia. The only refractive surgery option available for you is clear lens extraction. In this procedure, the natural lens of your eye is remove...  Read Full »

My age is 26. I have crossed eyes/squint eyes. Suggest me any solution.

Query: Hi, My age is 26 years. I have crossed eyes problem. Can it be brought back to normal by a surgery?  Read Full »

Dr. N. Sathian

Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query at icliniq.com. We have to check whether your vision is equal in both the eyes.If the vision is equal in both the eyes and the problem is only with the Squint Eyes(Crossed eye/Strabismus), then it can be brought back to normal by a surgery.If the vision is bad or...  Read Full »

After surgery for correcting a macular hole in my eye, another hole has been detected. Should I go for surgical treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a macular hole in my right eye, and my retina detached around five years back, for which a vitrectomy surgery was done, and silicon oil was used. It is stable now. My IOP (intraocular pressure) is quite high, so I am on medication, and pressure-reducing eye drops are prescribed b...  Read Full »

Dr. Hussein Mohamed Sherif Ahmed Ayoub

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, I can see that you had a full-thickness macular hole without posterior vitreous detachment, which we call a grade 3 full-thickness macular hole. Honestly, after the surgeries you have already done, I think the only option for you in this eye is autologous retina...  Read Full »

My friend has been diagnosed with keratoconus and was recommended a surgical procedure. Is surgery necessary?

Query: Hello doctor, My friend visited an ophthalmologist for itchy eyes and slightly blurry vision. She has been diagnosed with keratoconus and acute allergic conjunctivitis in both eyes. I have attached the reports and the scans. The doctor has recommended a surgical procedure for the keratoconus. I wish...  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Juliet Barboza

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and can understand your concern. I looked at her corneal topography report (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). Certain factors need to be considered in her case. But please note that as I have not examined her on the slit lamp...  Read Full »

Will my eyes look straight after squint surgery?

Query: Hi, I am 20 years old. Next month I am going to have my squint surgery for cosmetic purpose. I do not have vision in my right eye now and it turned inwards. After this surgery, will both my eyes look straight? Either I see left or right or up or down will both my eyes work together? How many hour...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This squint is sensory esotropia, which means that due to some cause your retina detached leaving you with no vision in that eye and at that early age brain failed to keep both eyes straight leaving to squint. Success rate of squint surgery is quite high (90%). Ev...  Read Full »

I am 18 years old and have retinopathy of prematurity (ROP). Is there any surgical treatment available for ROP?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old and have ROP (retinopathy of prematurity). I have a completely detached retina in my left eye and a partially detached retina in my right eye. I was born prematurely at 28 weeks and was diagnosed with ROP. I have stage 5 ROP in my left eye and a partly detached reti...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.I read your query and understand your concern. As the right eye is only partially detached, I think you should go for surgery. Because as time passes, the detachment will increase, and with time visual prognosis becomes guarded. I suggest you discuss the option of pars p...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.