Latex Allergy

Why do I feel itchy over my face, neck, chest and arms after sex?

Query: Hello doctor, My whole body gets itchy after sex. Earlier it used to be random, but now it is almost every time. My face, neck, chest, legs, even hands, and arms are involved. I am 29 years old.  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your statement, you are suffering from allergy just after sex. You did not mention here whether your partner uses condoms or not. You may be allergic to the condoms or any added ingredient like spermicide that you or your partner used. Although it is pos...  Read Full »

Why do I have itching of face and chest after sex?

Query: Hi doctor, After sex, my girlfriend's face, chest and legs burn and itch. What is the cause? And what can we do for it?  Read Full »

Dr. Rashmi Singh

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is this the first time this has happened or every time? Are there any rashes or just itching? Kindly revert back with the details to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

I Have A Swollen Labia After Protected Intercourse. What Should I Do?

Query: Hello doctor,I had sexual intercourse last night with protection. Immediately after, I went to take a shower and I see that my left labia majora is swollen but painless. It is kind of weird to walk lie down or sit. It was only my second time having sex. What should I do? Is this a dangerous situatio...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? I do not see any reason for you to worry. The possibilities for this swelling are: You could be allergic to the latex material of the condom. So, due to the friction, the local skin is showing a reaction. Maybe, the other labia is also slightly swo...  Read Full »

My foreskin is dry and paining a lot while taking back. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a little bit of itching on the foreskin. I had sex with my partner, and I used a condom. After the first ejaculation, I used the second condom. I started to have pain in the penis after the first ejaculation. But still, I went for the second one. After several strokes, when I was n...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have developed an allergy to latex. You have developed redness and pain while using a condom. This is probably a hypersensitive reaction to the condom. As you have dryness, and if there is a pain, I advise you visit a dermatologist for an opinion. The problem is not...  Read Full »

Is it possible to get latex allergy when using yoga mat made of rubber material?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 19-year-old male. Currently, I have a dust allergy. Sometimes, I have a sinus problem. Can I develop latex allergy if I use yoga mat made up of natural rubber material?  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Allergy is genetically determined, and it can be identified by doing allergy testing. We cannot say whether you can develop an allergy or not. Even a skin prick test or a blood allergy profile can tell you whether you are sensitized to that particular allergen, or not a...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest an ointment for quick relief of these itchy bumps.

Query: Hi doctor, I have this skin reaction for around a month now. They are itchy, red and tiny bumps. My doctor gave my Zatamil ointment to use but after that ointment I feel it as spreading. Is there any other ointment that can help to get rid of it quickly?  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I feel sorry for this situation. The most important aspect that I am interested in is how did you get this rash (attachment removed to protect patient identity)? Is it due to food allergy or medication induced or chemical allergy or plant or insect contact, etc? I suggest...  Read Full »

I have an abrasion on my vagina, with severe itching. Please advice.

Query: Hello doctor, There is a purplish red abrasion on my vagina, which is the size of a small coin and it is really swollen. It stings when I urinate and is generally uncomfortable. I have not been sexually active for over a month, but I have had an infection for the past few days. Is this serious?  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Vaginal abrasions are quite common and can cause a lot of discomfort. It could be due to any one of the following reasons: Sexual intercourse without enough lubrication. The use of sanitary pads. Very tight inner wears and jeans which cause friction. Latex allergy due ...  Read Full »

How to check if I am allergic to latex?

Query: Hi doctor, I had oral sex with a condom. I got a white dot on the top of the roof as well a lesion in the mouth. I have attached the picture. I believe I am allergic to latex. Is this an allergic reaction? Or what can it be? What can I do to make this go away? It has been like this for two days.  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the picture you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Here is how to check if you are allergic to latex. If you think oral sex had lead to such an allergic reaction, then it should be present in one to two days from the contact of lat...  Read Full »