Q. 22 months old baby has congestion while sleeping. Can I give Levolin?

Dr. Bhaisara Baraturam Bhagrati

My 22 months old baby was suffering from a cold and mild cough for 10 days. Both have subsided. I gave her Cetrizine and Crocin for three days. Now she has congestion while sleeping. We met the doctor and he has put her on Allegra and Azee 100. Can I give Levolin too? Please help.

#

1. If there are nasal congestion and wheeze, yes Levolin (Levosalbutamol) nebulization will be a better option.
  2. If only congestion is there no wheezing then, give her Nasiclear drops in each nostril (two drops) in the night and plain saline nebulization.
  3. Focus on her immunity. Give her high protein diet.
  4. Frequent need for bronchodilators has an association with hyperreactive airways.
  5. Try to minimize medications. I mean when there is wheezing then only give bronchodilators. Minimize use of antibiotics.
  6. Take special precautions for triggers like dust, cold drinks or food or weather or pets.
  7. Give her Vitamin D and Calcium supplements once fever subsides completely.
  8. Review after two days.

For more information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|