Levosalbutamol

Will Levolin, budecort inhalers and Montair LC kid cause any side effect in a 6-year-old boy?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 6 years old. He got lung allergy so the doctor gave Levolin 100 and Budecort inhalers and some syrup like Montair LC kid. So my son is getting free from the fever, coughs, and cold by using these medicines. After completion of these medicines course, he is repeating with the...  Read Full »

Dr. Preeti Puranik

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The doctor has given the right treatment and please follow his instructions. The inhalers are safe and do not have any side effects as the dose of medicine is in micrograms which is very small. The allergic problem will resolve by itself as he grows. Sweating when f...  Read Full »

My 2.6 year old has cold, cough and sneezing. Will Levolin help in curing all these?

Query: Hello doctor, My 2.6 years old son is suffering from cold, cough, and sneezing from three days, and yesterday night, he developed a fever. I am giving him Levolin syrup 5 ml, and for fever, I had given Babygesic 1.5 ml. Is Levolin for both cold and cough, as well as sneezing?  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, Paediatrician, Pediatric Allergy Asthma Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The cough cold and fever could be due to viral infection, does your child have wheezing also? If no wheeze in the past I suggest you use any other antitussive medication for cough, Levolin (Levosalbutamol) is a bronchodilator used in cough associated with wheeze, so ...  Read Full »

Is Foracort inhaler safe?

Query: Hi doctor,I am suffering from bronchitis. Should I use Foracort inhaler before or after the workout? Does Foracort inhaler cleanse the lungs? How does Foracort work on lungs? What are the side effects?  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you rightly said, Foracort inhaler (combination of Budesonide and Formoterol) is advised for asthmatic bronchitis. It must be taken before any workout. This kind of inhaler controls the inflammation in the airways and widens its caliber. So on long term use, your as...  Read Full »

Is it safe to give Levolin syrup to a 3-year-old?

Query: Hi doctor,My 3 year old baby is suffering with cold and cough. Our doctor suggested her Budecort and Asthalin. I am giving them for the last one week, but no improvement. Shall I give Levolin syrup?  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to ask you a few questions before I can suggest you anything. Is the cough and cold associated with any fever? How is the cough, dry or wet or productive? Does the child have any wheezing? Are you giving any other medication apart from nebulizati...  Read Full »

Is Levolin inhaler safe to use in kids?

Query: Hello doctor, My physician has always suggested Budecort 100 mcg for my kid for four years and Levolin inhaler along with Montair LC kids tablet daily and some cough syrup since he is allergic. He is having a dry cough and Altacef is given sometimes if worse. The doctor in...  Read Full »

Dr. Baratu Bhaisara

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems your doctor is trying to control acute attacks of asthma which is right. I suggest the following: Focus on controlling attacks by avoiding stimulators like dust, sudden exposure to hot and cold weather, keep away from pets. Educate your son about the sam...  Read Full »

What is the treatment of pneumonitis?

Query: Hi doctor, My 2 and a half year old son had a high fever of 103 for four days. Then he was normal for five days but caught up with a cough and fever of less than 102. The doctor administered antibiotic Cefixime and Ibuprofen for five days, but the cough persisted. Though he appears normal at dayt...  Read Full »

Dr. Preeti Puranik

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please resend the attachment. If there is pneumonitis on the X-ray, it is better to admit him as it can spread. Intravenous antibiotics are more effective and the response is quick. We cannot differentiate H1N1 and pneumonia on the X-ray. We need to send the throat swa...  Read Full »

Why am I having uneasiness in breathing?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an asthmatic for 15 years. Right now I am using Foracort 400 mg since three years. I am also hypertensive and using Telma-AM. Since past six days I am facing uneasiness in breathing and because of that maybe my BP has raised. Last week before all this happened I got a master heal...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you know, asthma is the chronic inflammatory airway disease with waxing and waning episodes. If you have asthma, your airways are always inflamed. They become more swollen, and the muscles around the airways can tighten when something triggers your symptoms. This ...  Read Full »

How can fever and a continuous dry cough be treated in a kid?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is having a fever for the last five days and has dipped slowly from 102.5 F to 100.4 F in five days. The fever is backed up by a cough also. For the last 36 hours, he is having a continuous dry cough for which our physician suggested Levolin syrup 2.5 mL thrice a day. Please op...  Read Full »

Dr. Simy Mathew

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your child is having viral upper respiratory tract infection. His fever will subside in another two days. Viral fevers last for five to seven days. A cough will remain for a few days. I suggest instead of giving syrup Levolin (Levosalbutamol/Levalbuterol), nebulize...  Read Full »

Do high eosinophil count and low Hb level indicate allergic reaction?

Query: Hi doctor, The patient is a 27 year old female who has been suffered from hay fever for some years. Now, she has now been referred to the Chest Clinic with breathing difficulties. She has commented that her condition appears to worsen when she visits her friend, who is a cat owner. On examination, ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.The history and reports are suggestive towards allergic bronchitis, or asthma-like condition. The wheezing is indicative of bronchoconstriction (attachment removed to protect patient identity).Low hemoglobin value evaluated separately with peripheral smear examination and a...  Read Full »

22 months old baby has congestion while sleeping. Can I give Levolin?

Query: Hi doctor, My 22 months old baby was suffering from a cold and mild cough for 10 days. Both have subsided. I gave her Cetrizine and Crocin for three days. Now she has congestion while sleeping. We met the doctor and he has put her on Allegra and Azee 100. Can I give Levolin too? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Baratu Bhaisara

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If there are nasal congestion and wheeze, yes Levolin (Levosalbutamol) nebulization will be a better option. If only congestion is there no wheezing then, give her Nasiclear drops in each nostril (two drops) in the night and plain saline nebulization. Focus on her i...  Read Full »