Q. Can i give Levolin nebulization instead of Levolin Syrup?

Dr. Simy Mathew

My 3-year-old daughter has a fever and wheezing but no cough for the last two days. A doctor prescribed Asthalin Syrup 5 mL, Omnacortil solution, Monticope, Lecope, and Paracetamol. But still, the wheezing is severe midnights. Can I give her Levolin Syrup instead of Asthalin? The last she got wheezing was one year ago.

Dr. Simy Mathew

Paediatrics
#

Yes. Instead of using the Levolin Syrup, I suggest you use Levolin (Levosalbutamol and Levalbuterol) nebulization. The medicine goes directly into the lungs and the dose is also very less.

In syrup, the dose is high and it reaches blood first then it gets absorbed into lungs and then the action starts. It has a slow effect

But, nebulization will give you a quick relief.

I suggest you give your child Levolin 0.63 mg nebulization every four hours for the first two days then you can make it every six hours.

You can also give Budecort (Budesonide) nebulization 0.5 mg twice daily for three days. She will feel much relieved with these medications. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the medicines.

For more information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|