Q. Is Levolin recommended for cold, cough and sneezing in a 2. 6 year old?

Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Oct 07, 2019

My 2.6 years old son is suffering from cold, cough, and sneezing from three days, and yesterday night, he developed a fever. I am giving him Levolin syrup 5 ml, and for fever, I had given Babygesic 1.5 ml. Is Levolin for both cold and cough, as well as sneezing?

Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh

Child Health Paediatrics Pediatric Allergy/Asthma Specialist
#

The cough cold and fever could be due to viral infection, does your child have wheezing also? If no wheeze in the past I suggest you use any other antitussive medication for cough, Levolin (Levosalbutamol) is a bronchodilator used in cough associated with wheeze, so if no wheeze and dry cough give Ambroxol or Dextramorphan, for cold give an anti-allergic like Phenylephrine and Chlorpheniramine maleate, as far as fever is concerned give Paracetamol suspension every four to five hours for at least three days irrespective of fever. Avoid cold beverages, use nasal drops to prevent nose block.

Can Levolin syrup treat a baby cough?

Query: Hello doctor,My 26 months old baby suffers from cough the whole night. She has a cold as well but no fever or spasm of the chest. Should I go for Levolin syrup?  Read Full >>

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is better not to give it. It contains only Levosalbutamol which acts as a bronchodilator which is useful in bronchial asthma or bronchitis, etc. There is no mucolytic or antihistamine in it. It also causes palpitations and tremors. I suggest using Flucold syrup. ...  Read Full

Can i give Levolin nebulization instead of Levolin Syrup?

Query: Hello doctor,My 3-year-old daughter has a fever and wheezing but no cough for the last two days. A doctor prescribed Asthalin Syrup 5 mL, Omnacortil solution, Monticope, Lecope, and Paracetamol. But still, the wheezing is severe midnights. Can I give her Levolin Syrup instead of ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Simy Mathew
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes. Instead of using the Levolin Syrup, I suggest you use Levolin (Levosalbutamol and Levalbuterol) nebulization. The medicine goes directly into the lungs and the dose is also very less. In syrup, the dose is high and it reaches blood first then it gets absorbed i...  Read Full

I have severe sneezing and running nose. Please help me out of this.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old male, suffering from¬†allergy for past 6 years. I am facing this problem more in winter. Early morning, I will get 10 sneezes continuously. If I take cold foods, I will have running nose throughout the day and severe sneezing. Also I have itching and watering of eyes. C...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. My diagnosis of your condition based on the information you have provided is allergic rhinitis. However, to confirm the same I want you to do two investigations namely serum IgE and absolute eosinophil count. Both are blood investigations. Allergy is not curable, how...  Read Full