Q. Is Levolin recommended for cold, cough and sneezing in a 2. 6 year old?

Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Oct 07, 2019

My 2.6 years old son is suffering from cold, cough, and sneezing from three days, and yesterday night, he developed a fever. I am giving him Levolin syrup 5 ml, and for fever, I had given Babygesic 1.5 ml. Is Levolin for both cold and cough, as well as sneezing?

Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh

Child Health Paediatrics Pediatric Allergy/Asthma Specialist
#

The cough cold and fever could be due to viral infection, does your child have wheezing also? If no wheeze in the past I suggest you use any other antitussive medication for cough, Levolin (Levosalbutamol) is a bronchodilator used in cough associated with wheeze, so if no wheeze and dry cough give Ambroxol or Dextramorphan, for cold give an anti-allergic like Phenylephrine and Chlorpheniramine maleate, as far as fever is concerned give Paracetamol suspension every four to five hours for at least three days irrespective of fever. Avoid cold beverages, use nasal drops to prevent nose block.

Can Levolin syrup treat a baby cough?

Query: Hello doctor,My 26 months old baby suffers from cough the whole night. She has a cold as well but no fever or spasm of the chest. Should I go for Levolin syrup?  Read Full »

Can i give Levolin nebulization instead of Levolin Syrup?

Query: Hello doctor,My 3-year-old daughter has a fever and wheezing but no cough for the last two days. A doctor prescribed Asthalin Syrup 5 mL, Omnacortil solution, Monticope, Lecope, and Paracetamol. But still, the wheezing is severe midnights. Can I give her Levolin Syrup instead of ...  Read Full »

I have severe sneezing and running nose. Please help me out of this.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old male, suffering from allergy for past 6 years. I am facing this problem more in winter. Early morning, I will get 10 sneezes continuously. If I take cold foods, I will have running nose throughout the day and severe sneezing. Also I have itching and watering of eyes. C...  Read Full »