Q. Is Levolin recommended for cold, cough and sneezing in a 2. 6 year old?

Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 07, 2019 and last reviewed on: Feb 27, 2021

My 2.6 years old son is suffering from cold, cough, and sneezing from three days, and yesterday night, he developed a fever. I am giving him Levolin syrup 5 ml, and for fever, I had given Babygesic 1.5 ml. Is Levolin for both cold and cough, as well as sneezing?

#

The cough cold and fever could be due to viral infection, does your child have wheezing also? If no wheeze in the past I suggest you use any other antitussive medication for cough, Levolin (Levosalbutamol) is a bronchodilator used in cough associated with wheeze, so if no wheeze and dry cough give Ambroxol or Dextramorphan, for cold give an anti-allergic like Phenylephrine and Chlorpheniramine maleate, as far as fever is concerned give Paracetamol suspension every four to five hours for at least three days irrespective of fever. Avoid cold beverages, use nasal drops to prevent nose block.

|