Q. Why do I experience fatigue, tiredness, lightheadedness, and spinning sensations after having lunch?

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

I have had this complaint of extreme fatigue and tiredness after having lunch. It is like a sudden drop in energy levels. I was told this could be postprandial. I was diagnosed with BPPV. That got better in a few weeks, but I feel lightheaded with my head movement or even physical movement on a very consistent basis. It is like a bit of a spinning feeling that I get. Mostly at work. It is not bad while sitting, and I feel much better, but my leg and foot fatigue are my problems. At work, the eyes feel very tired and lead to a heavy head by late afternoon. My CBC was conducted recently; the report is enclosed. Can you please check my reports to see if there is any indication of kidney disease? The spinning sensation does not happen while sleeping or sitting but is more prominent with a movement. I have nerve deafness in my left ear, and sometimes I hear ringing in my right ear. Request your feedback.

#

I understand your concern.

Your reports are not very bothersome. Low vitamin D3 and iron levels are there. Are you taking any treatment for this? Your symptoms are primarily due to increased blood supply to the intestine after food and reduced blood supply to the brain. Please let me know- Any brain workup was done?

I will be happy to help you further.

I wish you good health. Thanks.

I got my brain CT scan done three years the report is attached. This dizziness and head-spinning feeling is pretty consistent. My questions are- Is it life-threatening? Is the iron level dangerously low? Is eGFR value fine? What do I need to do to be back in shape?

#

I have gone through the CT (computed tomography) report you have attached (the attachments are removed to protect the patients identities). It is normal.

No need to worry about low iron levels as your hemoglobin is normal. Are you taking anything for vitamin D?

In my opinion, we should rule out migraine in your case.

Has any doctor previously discussed the possibility of migraine?

I have migraine issues. The previous diagnoses were cluster headaches, cervical headaches, tension headaches, and occipital neuralgia. The headaches are very frequent, around 15 days a month. This problem has been there for the last 16 years. But dizziness is a very recent onset. It is affecting my work life. I also have fatigue around my eyes, tired legs, and a spinning feeling. Is it life-threatening? What is the best way to be back in health? Is my kidney health normal? Please advise.

#

In my opinion, all your symptoms are directly or indirectly associated with migraine. It is not life-threatening but bothering and irritating. And no need to worry about kidney health.

May I know 1. Do you have a stressful life? 2. Are you taking anything for migraine? I mean, any medication?

Yes, stress is at work, and I usually get excited while talking. I have not taken any medicine for migraine because I fear they might make me sleepy and affect my office hours. Also, the brain CT scan is from last year when the spinning issue was not there. Would this change your diagnosis? Can this still be BPPV?

#

No, this will not change my diagnosis. If you go for CT at present, it will come standard only. I do not think it is BPPV. Do you have any cold at present? I mean, runny nose, blocked nose? Is there cold or snowy weather in your area?

|