Q. I am having loose motion as a side effect of Pantocid HP? How to stop it?

Hi doctor.

I had Pantocid HP after doctor advice and had loose motion 4-5 times. For stopping loose motion what shall I do? For past six days I am taking Pantocid HP kit. No problem except loose motion of about 5-6 times and some weakness.

I am taking Bifilac HP one tablet daily and a vitamin capsule. How long loose motion will happen as it is a 14 days course. I know this is a side effect.

Can I take electrol powder (ORS) and coconut water? Should I follow any food restriction except spicy food?

#

I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Pantocid HP kit contains Pantoprazole, Amoxicillin and Clarithromycin and is used in the treatment of gastritis by Helicobacter pylori bacteria.

Pantoprazole reduces acid secretion while the other two kill bacteria.

Loose motion is a common side effect of Amoxicillin and Clarithromycin.

I will suggest you to take Bifilac (probiotic) 3 times a day. That may prevent loose motion from antibiotic and also to replenish your gut flora. Take this after consultation with your physician.

You can take ORS (oral rehydration salt) and coconut water. I also suggest you to take Imosac M (combination of Loperamide Hydrochloride and Simethicone) and Racicadotril to stop loose motion till you consult your doctor. Avoid spicy food and take a light diet that your body can digest easily.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

What my report says? Is there a severe bacterial infection?

#

Hi,Welcome back to icliniq.com.

You have erosive gastritis (inflammation of stomach lining) suggested by your endoscopy.

Your RUT(rapid urease test) is positive which confirms presence of Helicobacter pylori bacteria in your stomach that has caused gastritis.

Gastritis can be caused by number of other agents like alcohol, drugs (most commonly anti-inflammatory drugs), stress, allergy but infection with H.pylori is the most common cause.

Presence of Helicobacter pylori in stomach by RUT is sufficient to conclude that gastritis is caused by Helicobacter pylori.

So for quick recovery complete the antibiotic course. Do not eat spicy foods and avoid any stress. I mean hurry; worry and curry should be avoided.

|