Q. My pregnant wife is suffering from loose motion. Please suggest a tablet.

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 11, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My wife is pregnant and she is due for delivery in another one week. She is suffering from loose motion. Please suggest good tablet.

#

• If loose motions are watery or associated with blood and mucus in stool or if there is fever, she needs to consult doctor for IV antibiotics or fluids (intravenous).
  • If it is not so then she can take probiotics like (Saccharomyces boulardii) Econorm sachet once or twice daily. Or you can also take tablet Vizylac DT (Lactobacilli) twice daily for three to five days. Please consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him/her and take the medicine with their consent.
  • If loose motions do not subside in 48 hours, she likely needs antibiotics and for which she needs to consult doctor.
  • Try to avoid dehydration by drinking lots of fluid containing electrolytes. Commonly used are Electral powder or Walyte sachets. All the remedies I told are safe during pregnancy.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|