Q. Is it possible to get high RBC in blood test due to fasting?

Image: Is it possible to get high RBC in blood test due to fasting?

I had a blood test done two months back and my RBC was 6.0, hemoglobin 17.2, and hematocrit 51, which were all high especially RBC. The blood test was in the morning and I had not eaten or drunk for eight hours before. I am an 18-year-old 130 lb male, and I was wondering if the blood test was high because I had fasting and it was in the morning. My doctor told me it might be polycythemia and to go back for another test in three months.