Q. Is it possible to get high RBC in blood test due to fasting?

Answered by Dr. Parth R Goswami and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on High Rbc Count or Fasting? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: Is it possible to get high RBC in blood test due to fasting?

I had a blood test done two months back and my RBC was 6.0, hemoglobin 17.2, and hematocrit 51, which were all high especially RBC. The blood test was in the morning and I had not eaten or drunk for eight hours before. I am an 18-year-old 130 lb male, and I was wondering if the blood test was high because I had fasting and it was in the morning. My doctor told me it might be polycythemia and to go back for another test in three months.