Q. There is loss of appetite after having vomitings and loose motions. Is it normal?

Answered by Dr. Noushif M and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Loss Of Appetite or Pantoprazole? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My 13 year old daughter has been suffering from vomitings and loose motions since two days. She had a fever of about 101.3 the day before yesterday. Our doctor advised her to take Oflox OZ and Sporolac DS. She has had five doses of Oflox OZ till now.

The fever has gone and the number of motions has also reduced, though still watery but she is not eating anything. Her appetite is lost and even if she eats a little she complains of nausea though she is not throwing up. I am giving her Emeset for nausea. Is this a normal stomach infection?