Q. There is loss of appetite after having vomitings and loose motions. Is it normal?

Dr. Noushif M

My 13 year old daughter has been suffering from vomitings and loose motions since two days. She had a fever of about 101.3 the day before yesterday. Our doctor advised her to take Oflox OZ and Sporolac DS. She has had five doses of Oflox OZ till now.

The fever has gone and the number of motions has also reduced, though still watery but she is not eating anything. Her appetite is lost and even if she eats a little she complains of nausea though she is not throwing up. I am giving her Emeset for nausea. Is this a normal stomach infection?

#

It looks like she had a bad gastroenteritis. She is recovering.

Continue both these medicines for at least five days. Can add tablet Pantocid 40 mg (Pantoprazole) daily once for five days. Emeset (Ondansetron) can be taken as needed for nausea. Consult her specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

Her appetite will slowly improve over few days.

Hydrate her well with water in various forms or lemon juice, etc.

For more information consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

Will do that, but I see that she gets this stomach problem every two months. Is there a medicine to improve her immunity to gastro problems?

#

There is nothing specific like that.

She can have Darolac (Lactobacillus) sachet when she is symptomatic.

| 

Can excess gas cause floating stools?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 47 year old male. I have noticed floating stools for about two months. This may have been going on longer, but I just noticed two months ago and historically, this is not normal for me. Consistency is solid with somewhat limited quantity and more like you would expect with constipa...  Read Full »

Can vomiting cause eye pain and bruising?

Query: Hello doctor, My friend started vomiting last night and I noticed that his eyelids were red and bruised. Is there something else besides the vomiting that could have caused the bruised eyelids?  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»