Q. Kindly tell the treatment for extreme lower back pain.

Dr. Atul Prakash
Published on Oct 04, 2019

I have extreme lower back pain.

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert Orthopedics And Traumatology Physiotherapy Spine Health
#

I need more information about your symptoms, duration, intensity with time of the day and with movements, any relieving factors, and treatment sought and the effects, any leg symptoms and radiation of pain to the leg, and any bowel complaints like loss of control of urine.

Thank you so much.

The attached file is my MRI report. I have this sharp pain in my lower back whenever I stand up or walk. I had been lifting heavy weights in the gym around 50 kg on my shoulder while squatting. But I have left gym the moment I experienced this pain five weeks ago. I had to rush to emergency. Please find my emergency report attached.

Dr. Atul Prakash

#

The MRI reports suggest that there is no disc prolapse but there are degenerative changes in the L34 L45 and the latter with an annular tear. What it really means is that you need to look after your bag even after this acute episode settles and you need to do all the things written in you GP letter including hydrotherapy and then do core strengthening with planks, bridges, isometrics, etc. As there are no leg symptoms, the back pain is likely to settle in the next few weeks as most do within a period of three months. No gross precautions except with lifting and bending forward. The posture needs to be improved while sitting.

What can be done for lower back muscle spasms due to playing baseball?

Query: Hi doctor, I am coming here for what I think may be possible lower back muscle spasms. I originally felt the pain after playing lots of baseballs (swinging a baseball bat many times). I have symptoms such as tightness, limited mobility or restricted range of motion, throbbing pain, and sometimes it...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao
Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your concern. I feel that spasm could be due to less core stability and excessive spasm. Invariable loading hip joint reducing its range on movement. I would like to suggest you get more insight of your symptoms like is there any pain on bending forward touching...  Read Full

Is there a possibility to get a complete cure of sports injury?

Query: Hi doctor,Two years ago, I felt a pop while playing football. My physiotherapist said Ihave torn my cartilage and so, he advised me to take rest. It felt good. After 18 months, when I played football again for some half an hour, I felt the pain. So, I visited a different physiotherapist, and he advi...  Read Full >>

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel
Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for providing a brief history. As you had this injury persisting from 2 years now, I will advise getting a proper examination with the physiotherapist you been seeing for now and provide me the reports. Because the muscles must have got weaker and there wi...  Read Full

I am suffering from low back pain.Is it a big problem or should I not worry?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from pain in the backbone. The affected area is a very small portion at the end of the backbone. Pain occurs when I press that portion with fingertip, but the pain is so light that I can endure it without any problem. I am a 32 year old male, unmarried, and I am sufferin...  Read Full >>

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com. There are many causes for low back pain. It can be due to faulty posture, related to weak muscles, issues with intervertebral disc, narrowing of spinal canal, any bony instability besides many other. So, accurate diagnosis is the key to proper management of the conditio...  Read Full

Ask an Orthopaedician & Traumatologist Now