Q. What is the condition when there is low haemoglobin and high platelet count?

Dr. C Elanchezhian

My mother’s blood test report shows low hemoglobin 10.9 and high platelet count 623000. The sugar test report shows 107 glucose fasting and 144 postprandial. We also had her ultrasound done as she had pain on the left side of the groin area. I am attaching all the reports. Kindly advice.

Dr. C Elanchezhian

#

Increased platelet is called thrombocytosis (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This can be present in anemia due to iron deficiency. Since your mother has anemia platelet count may be increased. Pain in her left side groin may be due to hernia. Lastly very rarely we have to rule out that is there any cancer lesions also. Kindly send your mother's ultrasound report.

| 

I have attached the file.

Dr. C Elanchezhian

#

Yes, ultrasound reports shows multiple lymph node enlargement (attachment removed to protect patient identity). So,biopsy of the lymph node is must to rule out infection or secondaries from lesion from the leg.

In the meantime take medicine for pain and infection. Kindly consult your doctor discuss the suggestion and take the treatment with consent.

1. Pan 40 (Pantoprazole) 1 bid (two times a day) before food.

2. Tablet Cipro 500 mg (Ciprofloxacin) bid after food.

3. Tablet Combiflam 1 (Paracetamol, Ibuprofen) bid after food for five days.

|