Q. My problem is low sexual drive. Please help me overcome this.

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 15, 2015 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

• I am a 30 year old male, got married before 2 years.
  • My problem is low sexual drive. Previously I used to masturbate a lot. But before 2 months I had quit these activities.
  • Also I have strong erection in the beginning of the foreplay, but before penetration I will lose my erection. Because of this I am not able to use condoms.
  • My penis is circumcised and I do not feel any sensitivity in my glans penis.
  • I had an online consultation with a doctor. She prescribed me bupropion hydrochloride XL 150 mg for a month. It is an antidepressant.
  • Is it safe for me to have this pill on a regular basis?
  • Are there any side effects? 
  • Does it increase the sex drive?
  • I have a very good relationship with my wife, but when it comes to sex, nothing seems to work out.

Please help me overcome this situation.

#

• Have you been in relationship with any other women?
  • Are you having this problem right from the beginning?
  • Do you have any history of hypertension and diabetes?
  • Are you getting full erection during masturbation?
  • Are you getting spontaneous erection during early morning?
  • Any previous masturbation and porn history?

Do get back with details to a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

• I never had a relationship with any other women other than my wife.
  • This problem has been there right after my marriage. When I start the foreplay, I have sex drive for few seconds and then I will lose my interest.
  • No history of hypertension and diabetes.
  • I used to masturbate by watching porn. I am able to maintain constant erection during masturbation. But my sex drive is not exciting without porn and masturbation.
  • I find strong erections when I wake up in the morning.
  • I have been masturbating for past 11 years. I used to watch porn regularly and read erotic stories for the past 9 years. Just  2 months back only I had stopped masturbating and watching porn.
  • My wife also has low sex drive. She gets into mood only once in a while. That too she needs a longer session of foreplay including oral sex.
  • Please do comment on the pills which I have mentioned in the previous query.
#

• You do not have any organic cause of erectile dysfunction and low sexual drive.
  • It is completely psychological.
  • The most common cause is anxiety that is why your doctor has prescribed Bupropion XL 150mg.
  • You can continue with this medicine and I want to add  Forzest FC 20mg (Tadalafil) which should be taken one hour before sexual intercourse.

For further queries, follow up with a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

|