Q. Why do I feel more aroused when I masturbate and not with my partner?

Dr. Aamir Muhamed
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 16, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 09, 2021

I am a 20-year-old female with average health. I am afraid to ask about sex with my doctor. I am not sexually active but when I am with my partner, I do not feel anything during intercourse. During foreplay, I feel something. While masturbation, I am perfectly fine and I feel amazing. I have some slight anxiety and I had major depressive disorder in the past. Now I am feeling better after taking Zoloft 50 mg with limited symptoms. I am aware that my medication has some proven effects on my sexual libido. Why do I have this sexual difference with and without my partner?

#

Feeling satisfied during intercourse depends on various factors such as sexual desire with spontaneous sexual interest including sexual thoughts, erotic fantasies and daydreams, psychological issues, and relationship issues. During masturbation, you are aware of the pressure points in the body and so you can attain maximum pleasure. While with your partner, there are a lot of other factors involved. You can consider taking another drug instead of Zoloft 50 mg (Sertraline). Sexual desire is more psychological and situational in women. It gets influenced by the feeling in the body as well as by the quality of the relationship with their partner. I suggest you talk with your partner and do experiments with different techniques. It helps to understand each other sexually. Many women will not experience desire until they are genitally aroused and arousal may require an extended period of foreplay.

|