Q. I have painful lump in my armpit. Please help.

Dr. Subhash Kashyap

I have a painful armpit lump. Please suggest.

#

It is an infection. Take tablet Cefixime 200 mg twice daily for five days, Mupirocin ointment daily for five days. Take antiseptic soap for bathing. Tablet Aceclofenac and Serratiopeptidase once daily if there is pain. Review after five days. Infection will subside, if lump remains it need to be removed surgically.

Send a photo after five days.

Bacterial infection.

Fasting blood sugar.

I would like to ask if the 200 mg Cefixime is enough for the bacterial infection in my armpit. I started taking the antibiotics last Tuesday, twice a day as told and also started applying the Mupirocin ointment twice a day after baths.

#

200 mg twice daily 490 mg once daily is the standard dose. No need for more. Take other tablets also. Any inflammation, friction, or infection results in blocking of glands there, and bacterial growth inside will lead to lump formation, filled with pus. Now antibiotics will kill the bacteria, but the pus remains inside as it has no outlet. So it has to be drained. Please complete the course then, you yourself also can squeeze out if possible, or take expert help.

Will complete the five-day course. Just would like to know what is the use of Aceclofenac Serratiopeptidase? Is it a painkiller? I do not know if it is available here in my country. Is there also a certain dosage on this? Can you recommend a brand? I have not taken this yet because I am unsure if it is available and if it is available, then what brand?

#

It is a pain killer and anti-inflammatory. Brands are different in different countries here it is Zerodol P. But I could not find in your country online. Try Diclofenac 50 mg plus Serratiopeptidase10 mg. Here its brand is Emanzen D, it will stop the pain and diminish the swelling. You can avoid it if not much pain.

|