Q. What is this pink lump on the roof of my mouth?

Dr. Nupur Prashant Shah
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 16, 2017 and last reviewed on: Mar 20, 2021

I am a 29 year old female. I have a large pink lump on the roof of the mouth that goes through my teeth. I have attached the photos for your reference. Please give your expert opinion regarding the same.

#

I have gone through your attached photograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and understand your concern regarding your dental health.

• From the picture, it looks like a pyogenic granuloma which is very common at this age and is easily treatable.
  • But, you must go for a confirmed diagnosis by biopsy. So consult your nearby dentist for the same. It is treatable by scrapping off or cauterization. Nothing to worry about this.
  • Hope this information will be helpful to resolve your query.

Biopsy of the lump.

For further information consult a dentist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|