Pyogenic Granuloma

A tiny painless protrusion found in the gum above the left canine tooth. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor, Just above my upper left canine tooth, in the gum, a tiny protrusion of tooth or bone (painless) can be felt with the finger. The gum surrounding the protrusion is slightly raised, but the whole thing is only about 2 mm in diameter. No other symptoms or visual abnormalities. I have no...  Read Full »

Dr. Ummah Mohammad

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know if you remember any history of injury to the site? And how long have you been noticing this? Did it increase or decrease in size or observed any color change? There are 2-3 probabilities in your case as much I can make out from photograph/your a...  Read Full »

My mother had TB meningitis and is now suspected to have tubercular spine. Help.

Query: Respected doctor, My 63 year old mother was diagnosed with tuberculosis meningitis (TBM) 10 months ago when she complained of a severe headache. She has undergone CSF study and the report of the study is attached. She has been taking ATT medicines since then. The list of all the medicines she is tak...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post which has nicely described the events. Also, I reviewed her reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). If she has received ATT (antitubercular therapy) for tubercular meningitis 10 months ago, it is highly unlikely that she has ...  Read Full »

I am having bleeding and pus discharge from toenail. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have toenail problem. I had bleeding and pus formation. I consulted a doctor and she had prescribed the following treatment. Tablet Novamox CV 625 three times a day for five days. Apply T-bact ointment twice a day. After taking the above treatment, the pus formation stopped. But there ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How did this start? Did you have trauma to the nail? Is it painful? Is it only one to nail? How many times it has bled? You have mentioned there was pus, was it greenish? Or just frank white pus? Does it smell bad? Your other toenails appear yellow (attachment removed t...  Read Full »

What can be done for painful vascular outgrowth on forehead?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a red vascular outgrowth on the left side of forehead for many years. It is causing pain and burning sensation. Please advice best creams to erase it totally.  Read Full »

Dr. V Srikanth Reddy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is pyogenic granuloma and it needs removal by radiofrequency or electrocautery procedure (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It cannot be eradicated by creams or lotions.  Read Full »

What is a blood blister and how can it be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a tiny red dot on the bottom of my pinky toe. It seems to be some blood blister. If it pops, it will bleed forever. It will not go away. What is it and how do I get it to go away?  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is called pyogenic granuloma which is a lobular capillary hemangioma. It is a collection of capillaries and is not contagious or infectious. Usually seen on hands, feet, and face. It bleeds on t...  Read Full »

My pimple turned into a bleeding bump. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a pimple a few weeks ago that vastly turned into a little bump that will not stop bleeding. It has been like this for about two weeks, and it is driving me mad. I am not sure what it is or what to do.  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern and examined your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems that you have developed pyogenic granuloma. The best treatment for this is radiofrequency cautery. It should be done by dermatologist only. I suggest you apply Mu...  Read Full »

What is this pink lump on the roof of my mouth?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29 year old female. I have a large pink lump on the roof of the mouth that goes through my teeth. I have attached the photos for your reference. Please give your expert opinion regarding the same.  Read Full »

Dr. Nupur Prashant Shah

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your attached photograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and understand your concern regarding your dental health. From the picture, it looks like a pyogenic granuloma which is very common at this age and is easily treatable. But,...  Read Full »