Q. I have swollen lymph nodes in armpits, groin and neck. Is it lymphoma?

Dr. Elina Angelova Beleva

I have noticed swollen lymph nodes on both my armpits and groin area as well on the right side of my neck. They have been there for six weeks now and are not painful. I had a blood test and they are normal. I am having a CT scan this week. I have no other symptom. Do you think it is lymphoma? The lymph nodes are small, especially in the groin area.

#

Your condition requires a definite verification with a biopsy of a lymph node in order to exclude the presence of lymphoma. A case of generalized enlarged lymph nodes is always very concerning. I would advise you to undergo a biopsy testing for sure, regardless of CT scan results. In case of lymphoma changes in blood tests are present in already very advanced stages, that is why they are not reliable for diagnosis. The only reliable test is histology based on biopsy specimen. This is the only test also to rule out lymphoma as well. There are other cases for generalized lymphadenopathy such as infections, autoimmune and metabolic disorders, but the search for them requires exclusion of primary hematologic disease. This is what I would recommend to you.

For more information consult a hematologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/hematologist

|