Q. Why do I feel tired and anxious after taking Abilify?

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 15, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 04, 2020

I am so anxious and sleeping 9 to 10 hours per day. It has begun when I start taking Abilify pills and Akineton. Why I feel so tired every day?

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Sexology
#

Please answer me a few more questions.

• Do you have any of the following symptoms? Persistent low mood, disturbed appetite, loss of interest in previously pleasurable activities, ideas of hopelessness, ideas of helplessness, ideas of suicide and persistent headache.
  • Why are you taking Abilify (Aripiprazole)? Do you have a history of psychosis or schizophrenia? Because, Abilify is antipsychotic.
  • Are you able to tolerate it? Please mention the dose and duration of your Abilify?

Revert back with the answers to the above questions to a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

| 

I have a persistent low mood, disturbed appetite, loss of interest in previously pleasurable activities and ideas of hopelessness, helplessness and suicide. I am taking Abilify because of two psychotic episodes I had before. I do not think that I tolerate it well. I take one pill of 15 mg daily in the morning.

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

#

• I suggest tablet Fluoxetine 20 mg in the morning for 6 days, then continue with 40 mg in the morning. You will start getting its effect after at least a week.
  • I also suggest Clonazepam 0.25 mg one tablet at night for 10 days. Continue Abilify in the same dose and half tablet of Akineton (Biperiden). Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  • If you still have some symptoms, then elaborate your previous psychotic episodes as well as current one.

For further doubts consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|