Q. I am a male suffering from infertility. Please advise.

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia
Published on Feb 26, 2019

I am a 30-year-old male suffering from infertility. Recent semen analysis test shows no sperm found in semen, FSH- 0.08, LH- 0.02. Total test 3460.80 results. What should I do?

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Sexology
#

You are suffering from azoospermia. Pre and post-testicular azoospermia are frequently correctible, while testicular azoospermia is usually permanent. Go for serum prolactin level, a testicular biopsy may be required to find out the exact cause so I would advise you to consult local urosurgeon as physical examination is also required.

| 

Can a Man Father a Child Without Any Sperm in His Semen?

Article Overview: The absence of sperm in semen is called azoospermia. If you are suffering from this condition, you can get it treated, which will increase the chances of you becoming a biological father. Read Article

What Is Azoospermia? About 1% of males in general population suffer from azoospermia or lack of sperms in semen. Azoospermia can be due to either a block in reproductive tract (Obstructive Azoospermia) or lack of production in the testis (Non-obstructive Azoospermia). Usually it is diagnosed when a...  Read Article

Is it possible to cure a zero sperm count?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36 year old male and my wife is 28 years old. I have been suffering from azoospermia and have been in touch with different doctors for the last eight to 10 months. I have done many tests and everyone is ending up with a suggestion of testicular biopsy. My wife is not in f...  Read Full »

Kindly tell how serious is the low sperm motility issue based on semen analysis report.

Query: Hi doctor, Recently my husband had gone to semen analysis and doctor mentioned that he has low motility but not sure how serious is the issue. Here are the results of semen analysis volume 1 ml, the viscosity is normal, reaction alkaline liquefaction is 25, fructose is positive. Total sperm count i...  Read Full »

Ask a Sexologist Now