Q. My mammogram showed dense breast on the right side. Kindly explain the report.

Dr. Vivek Chail

I had my ultrasound and mammogram for my dense right breast. Can you please help me with the results?

#

The mammography done today (attachment removed to protect patient identity) shows mild puckering of skin in the medial, lateral view near the breast's central part. This is not visualized in the cranial caudal view.

Today's ultrasound scan shows a small well defined hypoechoic area of 4.5 x 2.2 and is really small and is a likely benign finding.

Through the recent ultrasound scan report, I want to read to know the exact location and any other findings in the right breast.

Why do you think this is benign?

#

The reasons for suspecting the lesion on ultrasound scan to be benign are the following.

There is a well-defined lesion. There are regular borders (malignancy can show irregular borders and speculations). The lesion is parallel to the skin surface. It is a small lesion and is wider than tall (malignancy is usually taller than wider).

|