Q. I had unprotected sex after missing my pill two days in a row. Should I worry?

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Khurana
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 27, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I take Brenda-35 ED as my contraceptive pill. I forgot to take my pill on Thursday and Friday and realized it on Saturday. I took Thursday's and Friday's on Saturday and Saturday. I took Sunday's pill on Sunday and then continued as normal on Monday. However, I had unprotected sex on Saturday night and was wondering if there is any chance of pregnancy.

#

• When did you have your last periods?
  • If you missed two of your pills, then you should use the barrier method for the next seven days along with the pills, to prevent pregnancy particularly in the second week of your cycle.
  • If you had sex in the third week (after day 18) of your cycle, then you are safe. Now, after finishing the whole course of your pill, you shd wait for your periods. If you do not get it even after seven days of stopping the medicine, then do a pregnancy test.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Had unprotected sex today. Should my partner take contraceptive?

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected intercourse this morning. But, I am not sure whether I had ejaculated inside. Should my partner take a contraceptive? She is having PCOD. Kindly advice.  Read Full »

I am bleeding while on birth control. What could be the reason?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 20 years old. I am 134.3 pounds and approximately 5'6" tall. I am a new mother of 1.5 month old baby girl. I am on birth control and using the Nexplanon bar inserted into the arm postpartum. My issue is that I have started bleeding now. I am not breastfeeding and there is no milk pro...  Read Full »

Is unprotected sex on the fifth day of period safe?

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex on the fifth day of my last periods and he pulled out on time. It has been 35 days and I have not got my periods. Is there any chance of getting pregnant?  Read Full »

I get twitches on my calves, shoulders, and head after getting the Novavax COVID vaccine. Please help.
Hello doctor, I got the Novavax COVID vaccine. Since I had the vaccine, I had bad arm pain. But the scary thing that ha...  Read more»
It hurts when I push above my left breast bone. Please help.
Hi doctor, I have been having some chest pain issues. When I push above my left breast bone it hurts in only one spot. ...  Read more»
Bird Flu (Avian Influenza) - Causes, Symptoms, Mortality Rate, and Treatment
Bird flu or avian influenza is a viral infection that spreads among birds and can affect humans rarely. Read the article...  Read more»