Q. I had unprotected sex after missing my pill two days in a row. Should I worry?

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Khurana
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 27, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I take Brenda-35 ED as my contraceptive pill. I forgot to take my pill on Thursday and Friday and realized it on Saturday. I took Thursday's and Friday's on Saturday and Saturday. I took Sunday's pill on Sunday and then continued as normal on Monday. However, I had unprotected sex on Saturday night and was wondering if there is any chance of pregnancy.

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Khurana

Family Physician Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• When did you have your last periods?
  • If you missed two of your pills, then you should use the barrier method for the next seven days along with the pills, to prevent pregnancy particularly in the second week of your cycle.
  • If you had sex in the third week (after day 18) of your cycle, then you are safe. Now, after finishing the whole course of your pill, you shd wait for your periods. If you do not get it even after seven days of stopping the medicine, then do a pregnancy test.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|