Q. How do I fade the acne marks without laser treatment?

Dr. Basti Bharatesh Devendra
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 10, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 26, 2019

I have used Benzoyl peroxide gel for my acne and it has almost cleared. But, the acne left some red marks and blemishes on my cheek. I wanted to fade that redness on my skin. In the past, I used Epiduo gel. Please suggest me a product and guide me to remove that redness without laser treatment. Thank you.

#

There is redness and some pus filled acne too (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

1. Use cleanser like Cetaphil to wash face.
  2. Apply either Retin-A gel (Tretinoin) or Benzoyl peroxide gel in night and Clindamycin gel in the morning.
  3. Use sunscreen like Shade lotion in day.
  4. Treat dandruff if any with Ketoconazole shampoo like Scalpe or Nizoral lotion.
  5. You may take oral antibiotics like Azithromycin after consulting your doctor.
  6. For deeper scars you can consult your dermatologist and go for laser, dermabrasion, etc.

Can chemical peels be used for post pimple redness? If so, can you suggest me chemical peels? Also suggest me a product to control oiliness on my face.

#

Retin-A cream has a peeling action too. There are other peeling agents like Glycolic acid peels, but it is better to use under guidance of dermatologist. Cleanser can be used two to three times in a day. Using cleanser and Retin-A regularly does reduce your oiliness too.

|