Q. How do I control dandruff and hair fall?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 14, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am having problem with dandruff. My scalp is oily. I am losing hair and I feel that I will become bald. I used Candid-TV, but it did not help. Please advice.

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

For severe dandruff, you should take oral medicines apart from topical treatment.

Consider taking tablet Ketoconazole 200 mg once daily for two weeks and apply Candid B lotion (Clotrimazole) on the affected scalp twice daily.

As far as shampoo is concerned, use shampoo containing Ketoconazole every alternate day to start with and then taper slowly as you feel improvement.

Shampoo has to be used for a long time as dandruff and hairfall is a chronic disease. Avoid oiling your scalp.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

Related Video

Does hair fall stop immediately with the use of Proscar?

Query: Hi doctor,I have been on Rogaine for 6 years and now on Proscar for 10 days. I had used it before, but went off. I cannot tell if I am still losing hair or not. Does hair loss stop immediately once Proscar is used?  Read Full »

Please suggest a treatment for dandruff.

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from dandruff for more than a year. I am a prefinal year student and my gender is female. Please suggest a solution for dandruff. Can I use One shot dandruff killer?  Read Full »

Please suggest medicine for inner thigh infection.

Query: Hi doctor, Due to excess sweat, I have some infection in my inner thighs. It seems like a layer of skin is out of my testes. It is paining a lot. What shall I use for relief?  Read Full »