Q. How do I control dandruff and hair fall?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 14, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am having problem with dandruff. My scalp is oily. I am losing hair and I feel that I will become bald. I used Candid-TV, but it did not help. Please advice.

#

For severe dandruff, you should take oral medicines apart from topical treatment.

Consider taking tablet Ketoconazole 200 mg once daily for two weeks and apply Candid B lotion (Clotrimazole) on the affected scalp twice daily.

As far as shampoo is concerned, use shampoo containing Ketoconazole every alternate day to start with and then taper slowly as you feel improvement.

Shampoo has to be used for a long time as dandruff and hairfall is a chronic disease. Avoid oiling your scalp.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|