Q. During masturbation, I felt some pain on the back side of my neck and head. Please help.

Dr. Vivek H Nanda
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 09, 2014 and last reviewed on: Sep 19, 2018

I am a 27 year old male. I masturbate twice a week. Recently, during masturbation, I felt some pain on the back side of my neck and head. Please help.

Dr. Vivek H Nanda

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

Masturbating two to three times a week is healthy unless you get addicted to the habit. This kind of pain or sprain happens due to increased blood flow to your penile region and vasoconstriction along with it. It resolves spontaneously once the excitation is over.

This can be relieved by a little stretching after masturbation or by doing exercises for 30 minutes every day. There is nothing serious to worry about.

|