Q. How many times can I masturbate a day?

Dr. Bharat Udey
Published on Jul 26, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jun 18, 2019

How many times can I masturbate a day? I am a 14 year old boy going through puberty and hence such doubts.

Dr. Bharat Udey

Geriatrics Psychiatry Sexology Sleep Medicine
#

Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is one of its kind and the most interesting question that I have come across. It is good to see that how an adolescent can be so inquisitive about his sexual development.

• In males, sexual maturity begins to appear during puberty that is, by the age of 13-14 years.
  • Besides this, they also develop a variety of myths and wrong concepts pertaining to sexual practices due to lack of knowledge. 
  • Similar to these wrong concepts is your query about the number of times an adolescent can masturbate.
  • There is no scientific research data about this, but usually adolescents masturbate 2-3 times a day.
  • This is because they begin to explore their sexuality and cannot regulate the pleasure gained through such acts.
  • Moreover, I would recommend you not to keep thinking about sexual practices and sexual behavior all the time, as this will make your mind crazy and would hamper your studies.
  • Hence maintain a balance in every sphere. Also you can share your doubts with your colleagues.

For any other sexual health related queries, feel free to consult a sexologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

| 

What will be the future effect of early puberty?

Query: Hello doctor, This is regarding my younger daughter's health and I would like to get a second opinion before I take any decision. My younger daughter was 1 year 6 months old when she came to this new place. Last year, when she was 5 years old we had to do a physical examination for getting admiss...  Read Full »

Why has menstruation not started in my teenage daughter?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a daughter whose age is 15 years. She has not started menstruation. I want to know the reasons, please.  Read Full »

I have a red rash with small red dots on my penis. Can it be an STD?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a red rash with small red dots on my penis. My previous partner cheated on me one year ago. Tonight, I made out with a girl. Both of us were dressed. There was a lot of rubbing. There is no itchiness or pain when I pee. Can it be an STD from my ex a year ago which was my last u...  Read Full »

Ask a Sexologist Now