Q. I masturbate vigorously, and now I have pain in the penis. Please help.

Dr. Dr. Vaishnav Ganesan
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sushrutha Muralidharan
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 24, 2021 and last reviewed on: Aug 14, 2021

I am a 24-year-old male. My concern is, I used to masturbate two to three times once in two days for the last two years. My masturbation technique will be very vigorous. That is, I used to stimulate my penis for more than half an hour. My problem is nowadays, I am getting pain on the penis whenever it is erected. But there is nothing wrong with my erection, and I can see more veins on my penis. Is it normal? Whether should I change my technique nor stop masturbation? Is my pain in my penis nerve is a concern? Kindly give your opinion.

#

I would say that the change in your penis and the pain is mainly due to your masturbating method. The need for more blood and muscle mass is the reason for visualizing the extra veins. I would suggest you stop masturbating for at least 10 to 14 days. You will feel better. When you masturbate after this period of abstinence, do it gently. You will have to change your method of masturbation to prevent such episodes.

Do you have any injuries on the shaft of the penis, like peeled or dry skin? Sometimes, the girth may have increased due to rigorous masturbating. Do you notice any such increase? If so, do not worry. That is the reason for the increase in the veins. Please get back to me after five days as to how you are.

I hope this was helpful.

|