Q. I stopped masturbating six months ago, but I feel a kind of itching or irritation in my penis. Why?

Dr. Raveendran Sr
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 19, 2021 and last reviewed on: Mar 13, 2021

I am 29 years old, and I am unmarried. My problem is, I feel a kind of itching or irritation in my penis, mostly at night times. Six months ago, I was masturbating every two weeks. That time this problem was not there. But nowadays, I do not masturbate but getting severe irritation at night times. When I pass urine, my cum also passes along, and then I feel more irritation on my penis. Due to this, I am not getting enough sleep also. Even I feel that, if I get married, how this itching gonna be cured, how am I going to satisfy my wife, better I should not marry. I always have these thoughts running in my mind.

#

I can understand your concern. Sudden stopping of masturbation can cause this issue. Masturbation is normal, and it is just another way of having sex without a partner. It is a good practice, helps to calm your mind and release happy and stress-busting enzymes. Having two to three times a week is not an issue, more than that can cause tiredness, loss of concentration, and sense of infertility. You can do a complete urine test - to rule out urinary tract infection. Share the report so that we can diagnose the cause.

|