Q. I use to masturbate by squeezing my thighs. Will this damage my uterine wall?

Dr. Poonguzhali Liston
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sushrutha Muralidharan

From childhood, I have been masturbating by squeezing my thighs together and using pressure to get pleasure. Lately, I came across a condition called uterine prolapse, and I was worried if I can get uterine prolapse because I apply pressure during masturbation (I have pelvic floor cramps after masturbation). Kindly give your opinion.

#

Squeezing thighs to masturbate is a very common and safe method. When thighs are squeezed together, there is pressure on the clitoris, which acts as clitoral stimulation. This leads to orgasm (stimulation of nerves). There is no connection between the clitoris and the uterus and pelvic floor and subsequently uterine prolapse.

The uterus is deep within your pelvic and supported by very strong ligaments, one of them being the pelvic floor.

Uterine prolapse occurs if there is:

1) Weakening of the pelvic supports.

2) Increase in intra abdominal pressure (obesity, any tumor, excessive coughing, etc.).

So do not worry. You are not affecting your uterus in any way. Also, pain or cramping you feel post-orgasm is a normal phenomenon and is due to the relaxing of your muscles. So stay stress-free.

I hope this was helpful.

|