Q. My semen is transparent in color. Does that mean I am sterile and I cannot have a baby in future?

Dr. Divakara P
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 12, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

I am a 17 year old boy. I have been masturbating for the past 4 years.

My semen is transparent in color. Does that mean I am sterile and I cannot have a baby in future?

#

• Masturbation is a healthy habit only until you are not addicted to it.
  • Masturbating 2-3 times a week is normal.
  • This habit of yours is not related to the color of the seminal fluid.
  • A transparent semen does not mean that there is no sperm in it.
  • Sperm is essential for child birth. Hence, I advise you to get your semen analysis done, so that we can be sure about your sperm count.

Revert back with your reports to a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

|