Q. My semen is transparent in color. Does that mean I am sterile and I cannot have a baby in future?

Dr. Divakara P
Published on Jul 12, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 07, 2019

I am a 17 year old boy. I have been masturbating for the past 4 years.

My semen is transparent in color. Does that mean I am sterile and I cannot have a baby in future?

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetology Endocrinology General Medicine Internal Medicine Pain Medicine Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)
#

• Masturbation is a healthy habit only until you are not addicted to it.
  • Masturbating 2-3 times a week is normal.
  • This habit of yours is not related to the color of the seminal fluid.
  • A transparent semen does not mean that there is no sperm in it.
  • Sperm is essential for child birth. Hence, I advise you to get your semen analysis done, so that we can be sure about your sperm count.

Revert back with your reports to a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

Would my low sperm count have an adverse effect on IVF and ICSI?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 39-year-old male with a low sperm count of 1.9 million. My blood work shows that I have a high FSH. Our doctor highly suggested that I get genetic testing done before we proceed with an IVF or an ICSI. I would like to know why he would suggest that.  Read Full »

How to maintain sperm count through treatment?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from hypogonadotropic hypogonadism. I am taking HCG 5000 and HMG 150 injection twice a week. My sperm production has started from azoospermia. We have done IVF and it was successful. My doctor asked to take testosterone injection, but if I take this my sperm production will...  Read Full »

Will Masturbation cause Premature Ejaculation

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32 year old unmarried male. I am suffering from premature ejaculation. I am masturbation from 13 years od age using sex toys. I am not lasting more than two minutes. I am taking antidepressants and doing squeeze technique. But, it does not help me. Kindly suggest medicine for prema...  Read Full »

Ask a Sexologist Now