Q. Is it safe to use Kojitin gel for melasma for a longer period?

I am a 46-year-old female. I have been suffering from melasma for the last four years. It is only small patches on the cheekbones but very dark. I have been told it is dermal which is very stubborn and does not go easily. I took lots of treatment from good dermatologists like used topical creams like hydroquinones, retinoids, etc. Few chemical peels are done but no effect and that area became thin and wrinkled. What treatment should I go for? Currently, I am using only Kojitin. Is it safe to use it for a long time? I hope it will not make my skin thinner.

#

Welcome to iclniq.com.

I have seen your query. With your descriptions it seems you have developed dermal melasma. Kojivit is safe and it is non steroidal. It does not cause thinning of skin, and safe for long term use.

Beside this must use sunscreen like Blynds sunscreen daily during morning and use Dermadew glow face wash twice daily. Also take antioxidant tablet once daily. Protect from UV (ultraviolet) radiation, and repeat sunscreen after four hours if you are going out.

What about peels and cosmelan treatment? Are they effective? Or should I stick to Kojitin only? Is it dermal melasma? I have already taken antioxidants for four months.

#

Welcome back to iclniq.com.

I have seen your query and examined your pictures. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The good part in your case is the area of involvement is very less.

See cosmelan treatment is a cocktail of different types of peel ingredients. I would suggest you to go for glycolic peel once in three weeks along with daily Kojivit treatment. It should be started with short duration contact and less concentration to gradually increasing contact time and concentration. But during this period, you need to follow absolute sun protection with daily sunscreen application for good cosmetic results. You can continue antioxidants for a few more months.

|