Q. I have taken the COVID vaccine. When can I take the meningococcal vaccine and blood tests?

Dr. N Ashok Viswanath
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sushrutha Muralidharan

I want to know the list of vaccines that I need to take. On the first page, I have attached the list of vaccines and my medical history on the second and third pages. Can you please suggest which vaccines that I need to take? Kindly give your opinion.

#

I have gone through your attachments (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). I think you are leaving abroad for higher education. I acknowledge your vaccination details attached with this query. Before vaccination, we will check your immunity against infections like hepatitis-B, measles, mumps, rubella, and varicella. It can be tested by using antibody detection using ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay) or CLIA (Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments) or ELFA (enzyme-linked fluorescent assay) techniques. You can give your blood for tests and receive your first dose of the meningococcal vaccine for now. After getting your test results, we will move forward with the needed vaccine based on your lab reports.

I suggest you do the following tests:

1) Anti HBs Titre (antibody against the hepatitis-B virus).

2) Measles IgG (immunoglobulin-G).

3) Mumps IgG.

4) Rubella IgG.

5) Varicella IgG.

I hope this was helpful.

I have taken the COVID vaccine on the twentieth. Can you suggest the appropriate date for taking the vaccine and conducting the blood test? Kindly give your opinion.

#

Yes, you can take your meningococcal vaccine now but ask them to give it to a different site (for example, if you got your COVID vaccine in the right arm, you can get your meningococcal vaccine in the left arm ). No need to wait. You can give the blood sample for testing followed by vaccination. I hope this was helpful.

|