Q. I have severe acne problem. It is increasing by the day. can you suggest some medicines?

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

I am a 30-year-old male. I am facing severe acne problem. I am currently using Doxy-1 L-DR Forte Capsule two times a day since 20 days and Persol-plus gel at night and Ahaglow-S face wash. Also, Aziderm cream 20 % and Cetaphil as a moisturizer. But it is painful and with pus. Sometimes, they break out and sometimes they do not. What can be done in such a situation?

I have lots of acne marks on my face and a lot of blackheads too. My doctor asked me to use Doxy-1 L-DR Forte for two months then he will do something next. But, it is increasing by the day. I have not used Isotretinoin or peel procedures though I have heard about them. Kindly explain what is that. I am attaching the latest picture. Please have a look and suggest some medicines.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

All the medications you are on are right. I agree with your treating doctor.

Peeling is a procedure where fruit-concentrated extracts are used, such as Glycolic acid and many other (Salicylic acid) which help reduce the activity of the sebaceous glands and in turn reduces acne.

This procedure can be done along with your present medications. I guess that is what your dermatologist will do when you visit him next time.

The other alternative is taking oral Isotretinoin. It is also a wonderful medication. It is an oral retinoid (basically a high dose of vitamin A), which has a similar action as the peel. So, either a peel or oral Isotretinoin can be considered.

Isotretinoin should not be considered if you are planning to start a family. In females, it is contraindicated and in males, it is said that it does not have any known side effects, but is better to be avoided.

For more information consult a cosmetologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/cosmetologist

| 

Acne - Causes, Types, Home Remedies and Treatment Strategy

Article Overview: Acne is a very common condition encountered among teens and adults. To decide the protocol for the treatment of acne, it is important for us to know the causes, conditions associated, sites of acne, the cause of acne and factors affecting the onset of acne. Many home remedies are helpful in treating acne. Mild and moderate acne can be treated with medication and severe acne with other treatment procedures. Prevention is more important than cure. Read Article

Dr. Archana

Acne is a very common skin condition. It commonly starts during puberty but can occur at any age. Although it is not a dangerous condition, acne can leave scars on the skin. Acne appears in different parts of the body like face, chest, and back. Acne affects almost all teenagers in different severit...  Read Article

Why is my face darker than the rest of my body?

Query: Hello doctor, The color of the skin on my face is too dark when compared to the skin on my nose, cheeks, and rest of my body. How can I restore the original color on my face?  Read Full »

What does coarsened echotexture in liver ultrasound mean?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a wheatish complexion. Can you please suggest if I can use Kojivit cream for skin lightening?  Read Full »

Ask a Cosmetologist Now