Q. There is midline space in my upper front teeth. What will be the treatment for this?

Dr. Naveen Thomas
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 18, 2015 and last reviewed on: Jan 09, 2019

My upper and lower jaw teeth are misaligned. There is 8mm of midline space in the upper front teeth. What will be the probable treatment for this?

#

It would have been better if you had mentioned your age. For an exact diagnosis and treatment plan, attach a more detailed history and an intraoral picture of your mouth.

If you have 8mm of midline diastema (space between the teeth), you usually require orthodontic braces for correction of the spacing. Such treatment goes on for around 1 year or so.

Sometimes we may also need to do a minor surgical procedure called frenectomy, if required, according to the structure of your gums. It would be better to comment if you could attach an intraoral picture.

We can also do a fast procedure by placing a crown over the teeth or by doing a composite build up if your jaw and teeth size allow that. This also depends on your preferences. This will give results in two weeks.

|