Q. How do I use Mifegest kit to abort 8 weeks pregnancy?

Dr. Eeshani Dutta

I am 8 weeks pregnant. I got Mifegest kit as I want to discontinue the pregnancy. After taking the first pill today afternoon I would be taking next two pills after 48 hours orally. So, when should I take another two pills? Should I take it orally or vaginally? As bleeding is expected after taking two pills, how should I take the next two pills vaginally? Would it be less effective if I take the third dose orally and not vaginally?

#

Using oral medications after seven weeks of pregnancy may lead to heavy bleeding. Please ensure that you can attend a hospital with blood bank facility in your easy reach if any mishap of such kind happens.

The Misoprostol tablets 200 mcg into four tablets should be inserted high inside the vagina after 48 hours of tablet Mifepristone intake. In case, you already start bleeding after Mifepristone (occurs in 30% of cases) ingestion, take two tablets on the third day morning (ie, around 36 hours) and two tablets in the evening. Please take pill Zofer (Ondansetron) before taking the Misoprostol tablets orally, as it may induce vomiting and waste the medicine.

The bleeding may stay for 10-14 days.

|