Q. Is getting a blood clot after taking Mifepristone for missed period normal?

Dr. Eeshani Dutta

I am 25 years old and unmarried. My last period was a month back. After that, I had unprotected intercourse. This month I missed my periods and found positive results on the test kit twice. I took Mifegest kit's Mifepristone tablet yesterday night at 8.30 PM. After that, today morning I just saw a small blood clot like as of periods, later I got none of the symptoms, neither any other symptom. Just sometimes a bit abdominal cramps as experienced at the time of periods. Is everything normal? Is the medicine working? Please help and give me a further suggestion.

#

First of all, have you done a USG pelvis to know about the size and site of pregnancy? Once intrauterine pregnancy less than seven weeks is confirmed, only then you should use Mifegest kit, otherwise, it may cause you serious bleeding, with a need of hospitalization and blood transfusion. You need to complete the course first, that is, four Misoprostol tablets to be taken after 48 hours of Mifepristone. The final result can be known only after USG after 14 days.

|