Q. Should I meet my gynecologist for missed period?

Dr. Sonal Prasad
This is a premium question & answer published on May 17, 2018 and last reviewed on: Nov 28, 2022

My LMP was on the 7th of last month. I have done my urine test, and it came negative. Also, I have tested beta hCG, and it is less than one. But I have missed my period without any symptoms. Why? Do I need to visit a gynecologist regarding this missed period?

#

Since your beta hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) is less than one, you are not pregnant. So, we can safely suggest medication to induce your periods. I suggest tablet Duphaston (Dydrogesterone) 10 mg three times a day. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her, and take medicine with consent. Your missed periods will come in five to seven days after stopping the drug.

On day 2 of periods, you need to get the following investigations to assess the cause of delayed periods. Serum TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) to rule out thyroid problems, serum PRL (prolactin), and gynecological ultrasound.

Amenorrhea.

Basic amenorrhea hormonal profile as mentioned.

Duphaston withdrawal to induce menses.

Revert back with the reports to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|