Q. I am unable to cure my migraine. Please help with the treatment.

Dr. Riazahmed Syed
Published on Jun 05, 2019

I am a 20-year-old female. My height is 163 cm and weight 63 kg. I have a migraine, and I have consulted many doctors, but I am unable to cure it. Please help.

Dr. Riazahmed Syed

Child Health Neurology
#

Migraine is a chronic illness and can not be cured completely but changing the lifestyle do help a lot to alleviate the problem to a great extent. You can use pain aborting medication like Ponstan 1 gram (Mefenamic acid) at times of severe pain, and if you have nausea preceding it, you can also take Domperidone 10 mg. You can maintain a pain diary and reduce stress as well as a good sleep pattern and avoid excessive usage of electronic gadgets. Long term prophylaxis depends upon the recurrence of symptoms despite the above measures.

| 

Is it safe to give Meftal-P and Ambrocof-LS to my infant to cure fever and cough?

Query: Hello doctor, My baby is just 32 days old. He is having some cough and cold symptoms. I had a visit to the local physician and was advised to give him Meftal-P, Cefpodoxime Proxetil suspension IP and Ambrocof-LS drops. Please suggest if these medicines are safe?  Read Full »

My 3 year old daughter has fever. Can I give her Meftal and Novamox?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter has a fever since last night. It has been 24 hours, and her fever is between 102 and 103.5 degrees Fahrenheit. She has no other symptom till now. She is 3 years old. We are giving Pharmadol tablets. Can I give Meftal P and Novamox 125?  Read Full »

Why is there pain in the back of chest with poor bowel movements?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old. I started having a sharp pain in my right arm shoulder which probably originates from the right back of my chest. Also, my bowel movements have not been clear since some time. I took a Pantoprazole with Domperidone, guessing that this might be due to gas.  Read Full »