Q. I am unable to cure my migraine. Please help with the treatment.

Dr. S. Riaz Ahmed
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 05, 2019 and last reviewed on: Feb 12, 2021

I am a 20-year-old female. My height is 163 cm and weight 63 kg. I have a migraine, and I have consulted many doctors, but I am unable to cure it. Please help.

#

Migraine is a chronic illness and can not be cured completely but changing the lifestyle do help a lot to alleviate the problem to a great extent. You can use pain aborting medication like Ponstan 1 gram (Mefenamic acid) at times of severe pain, and if you have nausea preceding it, you can also take Domperidone 10 mg. You can maintain a pain diary and reduce stress as well as a good sleep pattern and avoid excessive usage of electronic gadgets. Long term prophylaxis depends upon the recurrence of symptoms despite the above measures.

|