Q. My milk tooth is disturbing the growth of adult tooth and causing pain. What to do?

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 27, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 16, 2021

I have a milk tooth that has not fallen. An adult tooth grows through my gums. My milk tooth is loose and causes pain. What to do?

#

You need to extract your milk tooth within its shedding time by consulting your local dentist. This gives a clear path for the permanent tooth to erupt. Now, you need to extract your milk tooth and you may require an orthodontic procedure to correct your misalignment of a permanent tooth. Kindly send me an image to guide you further.

You have a retained deciduous tooth.

A retained deciduous tooth can cause misalignment of a permanent tooth.

You need to have an extraction of milk tooth followed by orthodontic treatment.

Have a follow-up at any time. Kindly send an image.

|