Q. Pregnancy test is negative, but I have breast secretions. Could I be pregnant?

Dr. Deepika Joshi Khare
This is a premium question & answer published on May 23, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 10, 2020

I had my last period on the 1st of last month. I did not have sex until the 33rd day (it was protected sex) of my cycle. Now, I have not yet had my periods. It is the 39th day and I took a pregnancy test on the 38th day and it came out to be negative. I do not know what to do. I did have my exams going on during the time of my expected menses. So, I am guessing it is stress. If the test came out to be negative, then is there still a chance? And, also I am having breast secretions for which my doctor has given me the B long F tablet. She said it is hormonal but she does not yet know that I had sex because she is my family doctor.

#

If you had sex on the 33rd day, then the test will not come positive so early even if you have conceived. It takes around two weeks to come positive.Although the chances are very less, you should rule out pregnancy. Do a test around 47th day.

Amenorrhea can be because of hyperprolactinemia as you are also having breast secretion. Get a serum prolactin and thyroid profile done. Stress is also one of the causes of delayed periods. Just relax and wait for your period.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|