Q. Pregnancy test is negative, but I have breast secretions. Could I be pregnant?

Answered by Dr. Deepika Joshi Khare and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Milky Nipple Discharge or Pregnancy? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: Pregnancy test is negative, but I have breast secretions.  Could I be pregnant?

I had my last period on the 1st of last month. I did not have sex until the 33rd day (it was protected sex) of my cycle. Now, I have not yet had my periods. It is the 39th day and I took a pregnancy test on the 38th day and it came out to be negative. I do not know what to do. I did have my exams going on during the time of my expected menses. So, I am guessing it is stress. If the test came out to be negative, then is there still a chance? And, also I am having breast secretions for which my doctor has given me the B long F tablet. She said it is hormonal but she does not yet know that I had sex because she is my family doctor.