Q. Does clear uterus in USG following positive pregnancy test mean miscarriage?

Dr. Uzma Arqam

I am 32 years old, got married seven months back. I had regular 28 days cycle. Two months back, I had amenorrhoea for 40 days followed by urine pregnancy test positive but followed by bleeding and USG pelvis shows clear uterus, after seven days. Following this, I got some brownish discharge like sometimes, increased whitish discharge irrespective of the menstrual cycle. What can I do for this?

#

If the urine pregnancy test was positive then you got bleeding and then, bleeding and uterus empty, then maybe it was a complete miscarriage. Post bleeding, vaginal brown discharge might be infection or remains of miscarriage. To be on safe side have beta hCG and high vaginal swab to exclude infection and pregnancy. Follow with the reports. In case you have pain, immediately report to an emergency gynecologist.

Post-miscarriage or infection.

HVS, beta hCG.

in case of pain, report to the emergency.

|