Q. I have an upper jaw pain and cannot close my mouth. What could be the reason?

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
Published on Sep 08, 2017

From my left front tooth, all the way to the back of my teeth on top hurt. I cannot close my mouth and it feels like the pain is going up into the bone under my nose. What could that possibly be?

#

• From your description, it seems to me that you have an apical periodontitis.
  • If you have any cavity related to this area, the tenderness is because of it.
  • Or you must have malocclusion, meaning there is more pressure on these teeth.
  • You need to visit a dentist who will investigate to find the exact cause, as well as, treat it.
  • I suggest taking:
  1. Tablet Augmentin 625 (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) twice daily for three days.
  2. Tablet Aceclofenac 200 mg twice daily for three days.
  • Avoid eating hard foods.

For further queries consult a dentist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

After getting my teeth cleaned, why do I still have inflammation?

Query: Hello doctor, I got a teeth cleaning done, but the inflammation is still there. The dentist said that I need to get treated for a receding gum line through surgery. She said it was due to brushing hard and asked me to switch to a soft bristle toothbrush and sensodyne toothpaste. I am also awaiting ...  Read Full »

Why is balanitis not responding to T-Bact and Augmentin 625?

Query: Hello doctor,I have balanitis on the head of my penis, below the foreskin. I am applying T-Bact and taking Augmentin 625 as an oral pill. It has been four days since I have started the medication. It is not going, though itching has reduced somewhat. Please help.  Read Full »