Q. What are the possible types of miscarriage during initial days of pregnancy?

Dr. Monica Mathur
This is a premium question & answer published on May 05, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 11, 2021

What type of miscarriage is possible during the first six weeks? What are the expected symptoms?

#

During the first six weeks of pregnancy, if one bleed with cramps then it may be due to threatened miscarriage whereby one should seek immediate medical consultation. This stage can be reverted to normal pregnancy.

If one experience some tissue along with clot of blood coming out of the vagina, then the one is probably going to abort. So, the should contact gynecologist immediately.

• Sometimes there will be very slight bleeding, and it will stop on its own. After a few days, the symptoms of the pregnancy like vomiting and nausea will not be present. Then, the one should consult the gynecologist, and the doctor may ask for a sonography because in that case the pregnancy has stopped and there may be a missed miscarriage which requires surgical intervention.
  • If along with bleeding, temperature and chills with nausea and vomiting are present, then one should consult a gynecologist for a medical advice because this is the most dangerous thing in miscarriages. This could be a septic abortion wherein some dangerous bacteria has entered into the body.
  • So, miscarriage should never be treated at home.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|