Q. How many days does it take to get periods after Deviry course?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 10, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I was on a course of Deviry 10 mg for 5 days as I missed my period last month but I am not pregnant. How many days does it take to get my period now?

#

It will take a week or so to get back your periods. So relax and do not worry. Do not take any medication without an expert advice. However, if you have a doubt then get back to me. Take care.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

It has been six days that I have not got any sign of periods after the Deviry course. I am getting anxious now. Shall I get any additional test done?

#

Yeah please go ahead and take the urine pregnancy test done with early morning urine sample to ensure that you are not pregnant. It will take a week to 10 days to get your periods. There is nothing to worry about. Since you are anxious, would like you to get the test done. Do get back to me with reports so that I can guide you further.

I took the test and it is negative. So I shall wait for few more days for my periods to start?

#

Since your test is negative, you can relax. Just wait for another week or so and by then you should be getting your periods. However, if you have a doubt then get back to me.

Let me explain in detail. I got my last period two months back. I was trying to conceive and I missed my period last month but the test came negative when I checked in first week of this month. Then, I took this Divery course for five days as I told you before also which got completed a week back and there is no sign of period so far. I just want to understand if it is okay skipping periods like this.

#

After taking the Divery (Medroxyprogesterone acetate) course, it will take a week to 10 days for you to get your periods. The delay could be because of hormonal changes due to the pill you have taken. So, please wait for withdrawal bleeding. However, if you have a doubt then get yourself checked by a gynecologist and get a pelvic scan done to rule out the exact cause. Do get back to me with reports so that I can guide you further. Take care.

|