Q. I had periods after sex, but no periods since then for two months. Why?

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

I had sex and took a pill after two days. Again in a gap of three days had sex and took an I-pill. 10 days later, I had periods, and after that, I have not bled since then. I took three home pregnancy tests which showed negative. What could be the reason? I am on regular Thyronorm 62.5 for hypothyroidism. I had ovarian cyst four years back, which was treated with medicines.

#

One thing is clear that the pregnancy test is negative. Also, you took the pill well in time and also got the withdrawal bleeding.

We will have to investigate the reason for not getting periods. Get an ultrasound pelvis done. There can be ovarian cyst again as they tend to recur.

Also, I suggest you take progesterone tablet like Medroxyprogesterone 10 mg daily for three days and see the response. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take treatment with consent.

You may discuss your scan report if you like and I will guide you further.

Revert with the reports to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Since taking birth control shot, I have brown discharge. Will it ever go away?

Query: Hello doctor,I started Depo three months ago because the pill was leading to yeast infections. But every day since taking the shot birth control, I have had a brown discharge that feels like is causing another yeast infection. Will the discharge ever go away? What should I do?  Read Full »

Is unprotected sex on the fifth day of period safe?

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex on the fifth day of my last periods and he pulled out on time. It has been 35 days and I have not got my periods. Is there any chance of getting pregnant?  Read Full »

Can Kalarchikai cure multiple ovarian cysts in PCOD?

Query: Hello doctor, I have multiple small cysts in both ovaries (PCOS). Our family friend suggested me to consume Kalarchikai medicine, powdered mixed with pepper and honey to have it for one mandalam (48 days). I have completed nearly 44 days by consuming one small ball of the mixture every morning and ...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»